Throughout the past several years, we have gathered information from parents regarding why they send their children to Seneca Academy.
We compiled a list of the “Top 10” reasons why parents love Seneca Academy:
- Students are encouraged to think, question, and reason.
- There are many opportunities for students to take on leadership roles.
- Teachers model respect, enthusiasm, and the joy of learning.
- Parents are active, engaged, and enjoy positive social relationships with each other.
- Students feel supported, challenged, and encouraged.
- Academic activities are relevant, meaningful, and developmentally appropriate.
- Teachers create personal relationships with their students so they are supported as individuals academically, socially, and emotionally.
- Teachers have the flexibility to respond to teachable moments.
- Students are actively engaged all day long; time isn’t wasted on meaningless testing, unnecessary waiting, or busy-work.
- Everyone feels welcome at Seneca Academy.
As the Seneca Academy Head of School, I’m delighted that these are the highlights identified by parents; as a parent of two former Seneca Academy students, I can attest to how these highlights enriched and enhanced my own children’s lives!