Financial aid is provided by Seneca Academy to enable qualified preschool and elementary students to access an independent school education. Financial aid is awarded based on need, defined as the difference between a family’s resources and the costs of attending Seneca Academy. Families are expected to pay all educational expenses to the extent they are able.
Financial aid funds come directly from the school’s income from tuition and fundraising. Priority in financial aid decisions is given to children of current Seneca Academy families, families with more than one Seneca Academy student, children of staff members, and other qualified students.
All information submitted is confidential. Seneca Academy does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by law.
- Submit a completed application for admittance to Seneca Academy (and appropriate fees). Both currently enrolled students and students seeking enrollment are eligible to apply for financial aid.
- Complete a financial aid application through FAST beginning January 1. Download a Parent User Guide for completing the application. This application must be completed by February 1 for currently enrolled students and by February 15 for new applicants.
- In addition, by March 30 the following documents must be uploaded to the FAST website in order to qualify for an award of financial aid:
- A copy of current Federal Tax Form 1040 and any appropriate schedules.
- If appropriate, the Financial Statement for Parents Who Are Separated or Divorced or Have Never Been Married.
- The Financial Aid Committee meets in mid-February; awards will be issued in late February to current families and with admissions decisions for prospective families. Recipients must adhere to enrollment dates to be guaranteed an award. Awards are guaranteed for one year and awardees must reapply for each subsequent year.