Join us for a series of free parenting workshops presented by Seneca Academy’s Head of School Dr. Michelle Parker.
Navigating Playground Politics
November 13, 2019 (6:30-8:00 pm)
Establishing and nurturing friendships is an important life skill. In this workshop we will explore how parents can help children:
- Develop meaningful and authentic friendships through empathy and kindness.
- Join groups and share effectively.
- Understand the “hidden curriculum” of social norms and how to resolve conflicts.
Parenting in the Digital Age
March 4, 2020 (6:30-8:00 pm)
There is so much information about all the technology out there. How do you make sense of it and decide what is right for your child? How do we help kids develop a healthy relationship with technology? How do we decide how much is too much? Find out:
- What level of exposure is healthy at each age.
- How to set limits around technology.
- Impact of technology on brain and social development.