Who can register?
Rising 3-year-olds (turns 3 before September 1, 2023), rising 4-year-olds, and rising kindergartners who are fully toilet-trained* may register for Summer at Seneca.
*Fully toilet-trained children must be able to do the following:
- Be accident-free in cloth underwear during the day
- Verbally tell a teacher that they need to use the bathroom
- Control the muscles used for toileting until they are on the toilet
- Get on and off the toilet independently
- Pull down/up their pants/underwear and/or lift dress/skirt
- Wipe themselves after using the bathroom
- Flush the toilet
- Wash/dry their hands
What can we expect?
Students will get to play, learn, create, and grow together! They’ll examine a different continent each week, using art, literature, science, games, and more to go “around the world” in seven weeks.
Sessions will be split into a half day program from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and a full day program from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
When is Summer at Seneca?
Summer at Seneca takes place over seven weeks in June, July, and August:
- Week 1: June 20-June 23 (no session on June 19)
- Week 2: June 26-June 30
- Week 3: July 3 and 5-7 (no session on July 4)
- Week 4: July 10-14
- Week 5: July 17-21
- Week 6: July 24-28
- Week 7: July 31-August 4
Where does Summer at Seneca take place?
Summer at Seneca is held on the campus of Seneca Academy in Darnestown, Maryland. Our 6.5-acre National Wildlife Foundation Certified Schoolyard Habitat is an amazing place to learn and grow!
Why should we register?
Seneca Academy’s preschool has been known for more than forty years as a place that provides a rigorous yet developmentally appropriate education while preserving the wonder of childhood. There’s no better time to experience this first-hand than by registering today for our summer program!
What is the cost?
Summer at Seneca is priced based upon the available number of days in each week, as well as on the amount of time spent on campus. A $45 nonrefundable fee is due upon registration; each student’s remaining balance will be billed following registration and must be paid in full by May 15.
- Five-day weeks from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.: $300 (Weeks 2, 4, 5, 6, and 7)
- Five-day weeks from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.: $375 (Weeks 2, 4, 5, 6, and 7)
- Four-day weeks from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.: $260 (Weeks 1 and 3)
- Four-day weeks from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.: $325 (Weeks 1 and 3)
What if I’m not sure of my summer plans yet?
You can make changes to your summer session schedule until May 15 at no additional charge!
What if I have other questions?
Please fill out an inquiry form here to ask! We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.