Connelly School of the Holy Child, Escuela Argentina, and Seneca Academy present three FREE parenting workshops with Dr. Michelle Parker, Head of School at Seneca Academy and child psychologist.
Understand Your Child’s Developing Brain
February 8, 2020 at 10:00 am
Ever wonder why your child acts the way they do or how they understand the world around them? In this workshop, we will:
- Establish a “Mission Statement” to guide parenting.
- Establish a developmental framework for understanding your child’s behavior, play, and learning.
- Develop structures for creating a positive home environment and rapport with your child, clear expectations, natural consequences, and problem solving.
March 11, 2020 at 6:30 pm
Establishing and nurturing friendships is an important life skill. In this workshop we will explore how parents can help children:
- Develop meaningful and authentic friendships through empathy and kindness.
- Develop the skills they need to manage conflict and navigate sticky situations while staying true to themselves.
- Understand the complex dynamics and “hidden curriculum” of their social world.
Raising Your Bilingual Child
May 9, 2020 at 10:00 am
Raising bilingual children is full of joys and challenges! As parents strive to provide meaningful and effective bilingual language experiences, they often wonder how best to nurture their children. In this workshop, we will discuss:
- How bilingual children learn, organize, and process language.
- The cognitive advantages to being bilingual.
- How to encourage continued speaking in the native language.
All workshops take place at Connelly School of the Holy Child, 9029 Bradley Blvd., Potomac, MD 20854.